Best Quilt Cover Spring Materials
Author: Manchester Collection Date Posted:21 October 2022
When the seasons change, so does everyone’s mood. And for most people, there’s no better transition between the seasons than the one that comes between winter and spring. The weather becomes nicer, people become happier, and the sun finally starts shining after seemingly countless cold days.
And with the change of the seasons, a lot of us love to change our décor. When you switch up your interior, you aren’t just refreshing your living space, you’re also refreshing your inner soul. And if you want to refresh your surrounding for springtime, why not start with your bedding?
Or to be more precise, get some amazing spring quilt covers.
How to choose materials for your quilt cover
Spring is the perfect season to show off your creativity, which is why a lot of people opt for beautiful colours and flowery designs. But when you’re looking for the best quilt covers to buy, it’s not all about how it looks, you also need to think about how it feels.
Choosing the best material is crucial, and for spring, this can get a bit tricky. While the weather is getting more beautiful and warmer during the day, nights can still be unpredictable and the temperatures can fluctuate.
As for what spring quilt covers are made out of, there are four main materials that are perfect for this season. They include linen, cotton, percale, and Egyptian cotton. All of them have their benefits, and we’ll get into them and why you should choose a quilt cover made out of them.
But before that, one more reminder before you get into the mood for spring. Layers! As we mentioned, fluctuating temperatures are a common occurrence during springtime and if you want to create a comfortable spring setting for your bed, don’t forget about layering.
That being said, let’s get into the best materials you can opt for when choosing between different spring quilt covers.
Linen is a type of material that is made out of the fibres of the flax plant and it’s known to be one of the strongest natural fibres in the world. If you opt for a linen quilt covers, you can expect the following benefits:
- Breathability. Linen is actually good for all seasons, since it keeps you warm in the winter and cool in the spring and summer thanks to its breathability. It’s very air permeable so you can be sure you will stay cool and comfortable during summer nights, regardless of whether they’re on the warmer or colder side.
- High absorbance. If you have a tendency to sweat during the night, a linen quilt cover can be a real lifesaver because this material can absorb up to 20% of its weight in moisture before it begins to feel wet. This means you will stay fresh and cool while you sleep.
- Durability. During the production of linen bedding, only the best parts of a flax plant are used. In other words, if you buy a high-quality linen quilt cover, you will have it for years to come.
While cotton isn’t often talked about when discussing luxury bedding, you shouldn’t dismiss it as a great choice for your quilt cover. There’s a reason why cotton quilt covers are used as often as they are for bedding.
When it comes to why it’s good for springtime, here are just some of the reasons why it’s used:
- Hypoallergenic properties. If you have sensitive skin, suffer from allergies, or just can’t deal with all the pollen that flows around during spring, cotton bedding is a great choice. Since the material is breathable and absorbent, it’s also naturally hypoallergenic and will help reduce sneezing, congestion, and itching.
- Breathability. Cotton is a natural and very pure fabric. It absorbs your body heat during the night which, isn’t something that happens if you sleep wrapped around most man-made fabrics. As long as you get bedding that is made out of 100% pure cotton, moisture absorption and airflow are ensured.
Variety of colours and prints. While this quality isn’t important for everyone, it’s good to mention, especially when talking about spring quilt covers. Since cotton is the most widely used material in bedding production, you can be sure you’ll be able to find a quilt cover that matches your aesthetic.
Percale is a very tight-knit cotton fabric that is created by waving a crisscross pattern very tightly while using the “over-under” knitting style. This allows for a very unique type of fabric that is very high-quality and has a luxurious feel.
It is also popular in springtime because of these qualities:
- Smoothness. The technique used to create percale produces bedding with a surface that is very smooth to the touch. Quilt covers made out of percale have a matte finish that helps the material not be slippery and gives you a hotel-like luxury experience.
- Durability. Thanks to the tight weaves in the fabric, percale quilt covers are very resistant to breaking and piling, which makes this type of bedding extremely strong and durable. If you toss and turn a lot during the night, you can be sure your percale quilt cover will stay intact.
- Breathability. Once again, we need to talk about breathability, but just because it’s such an important quality for spring quilt covers to have. Even though it’s tightly woven, since percale is made out of high-quality cotton, it has a very breathable, light, and airy feel to it.
Luxurious bedding is often synonymous with Egyptian cotton bedding, and there are multiple reasons why this fabric is considered the golden standard. An Egyptian cotton quilt cover is the ideal combination of luxury and comfort and the perfect choice for spring nights due to:
- High thread count. High-quality sheets always come with a high thread count, and Egyptian cotton sheets aren’t an exception. If you want to feel as light and breezy as the weather outside while you sleep, you will get that effect with a quilt cover made out of Egyptian cotton.
- Breathability. The airflow Egyptian cotton offers is like no other, and wrapping yourself up in a quilt that has a high-quality Egyptian cover, you will feel like you’re wrapped in luxury itself. This fabric also provides you with temperate controls and absorbs your body heat effortlessly.
- Hypoallergenic properties. Just like the regular kind of cotton, Egyptian cotton is perfect for anyone who suffers from allergies and it will ensure you sleep soundly without any pesky allergic reactions.
Bring spring to your bedroom with the perfect quilt cover
It’s almost impossible to find a person in this world who doesn’t love spring. Most will say it’s the perfect season for falling asleep – not too hot or too cold. And if you want to pair that temperature that’s just right with a quilt cover that’s as perfect as the weather, now you know how.
Look for a quilt cover that is made out of one of the materials we talked about here and you will have a good night’s sleep every time you roll into bed and pull your quilt over yourself. And don’t forget to find a design that you will love as much as the material.