Natural health benefits of wool with the warmth
Lightness and down like feel of microfiber
Easy care machine washable
All season quilt
100% Cotton Cover
3 blankets of warmth
Quilt Sizing Demensions
Single Bed 140 x 210cm
Double Bed 180 x 210cm
Queen Bed 210 x 210cm
KingBed 245 x 210cm
Super King Bed 270 x 240cm
Why use Australian Wool
Wool is a breathable fiber that has the unique ability to regulate your body temperature to keep you warm in winter and ensure you don’t feel hot or sweaty in summer. Wool is lightweight, comfortable and suits all styles of sleepers which is fantastic for partners who have different sleeping temperatures.
- Natural insulator, Great in winter as it provides great warmth, because it excels at trapping and retaining air keeping you warmer in winter
- Excellent prosperities, in its ability to help regulate body temperature
- Cozy feeling, perfect for people that prefer a little weight
- Great for bed displays, we normally use wool quilts for our bed displays for evenness and puffiness
- Easy to keep clean and maintain
What to look for when purchasing a wool quilt
When selecting quilts, it is important to consider a few important aspects to ensure you select the most ideal quilt aligning to your preferences. Factors which are essential include warmth, weight, breathability and construction.
Australian wool filling
Pre-shrunk cotton Japara cover allowing for a machine wash
Premium edges improving durability and longevity
Diamond quilted eliminating cold pockets
Australian wool quilt specification ranging from:
- 300gsm microwool quilt
- Ideal for lightweight alternative and up to 1-2 blankets in warmth use
- 500gsm Australian wool quilt
- Great all year-round option being of moderate weight and up to 4 blankets in warmth
- 600gsm wool quilt (Four seasons 2-in-1 quilt)
- Most technically correct quilt for an all year-round option. Allowing for 3 different alternatives in weight and warmth ranging from a quilt of 200gsm, best use in warmer months, a quilt at 400gsm best used in autumn or the winter option of a 600gsm quilt offering up to 5 blankets in warmth and greatest weight
Not sure what size to buy
Got a Single Bed Mattress – Stick to Single quilt where possible
Depending on height of mattress and where you are using a mattress topper, a Single bed would be sufficient, but in some cases a double quilt would be required
Got a King Single Bed Mattress – Double Quilt Doona offers the best coverage
A Double bed quilt would be the only choice, as manufactures don’t manufacture a king single tailored quilt. But the double does fit on nicely and offers a nice size quilt for sleeping
Got a Double Bed Mattress– Upsize to Queen Quilt Doona
A Double quilt on a Double bed is sufficient where the mattress is slow and only one occupant is sleeping on the bed, otherwise a queen quilt would offer better coverage for a more optimal sleeping comfort. Note the queen is only wider than the double, but the length remains the same.
Got a Queen Bed Mattress – Upsize to King Quilt Doona
A Queen quilt is normally sufficient for standard queen size height mattresses upto 30cm, but today most new mattresses are fitted with extra layers such as memory foam and therefore, to achieve a nice look you need to upsize to a king size quilt doona. Note, the king quilt is only wider, the length will remain the same.
Got a King Bed Mattress - Why not upsize to Super King Quilt Doona
If you have a high mattress and find the quilt feels small, we have a super king quilt doona available, just few things why upsizing note, that when upsizing from King to Super King. Both the width and length of the quilt are larger by 30cm (or approx. 15cm each side). That 15cm on each side is normally sufficient to achieve that optimal look.
Got a Super King Bed Mattress – Limited to Super King Quilt
An easy decision, just note, when choosing a doona, given the size of the quilt, id normally avoid heavy quilts if you have problem with weight as it tends to become a lot heaver. That’s why down quilts or mid filing quilts tend to be popular with super king. Given the larger size, the air pockets become trapped as there is no cold spots coming in, therefore, you don’t need a heavy quilt (eg. 600gsm wool doona) unless you prefer that extra weight.
Easy Care Construction
Fully Machine Washable
We recommend you air the quilt prior to use, and follow washing instructions as per the temperature required.
Note, that large heavy quilts are recommended to be professionally laundered due to there size.
- Orders received are normally processed within 4 business days. Please allow more time for busy periods.
- Australia post quote the following time frames, (1-4) days for VIC & NSW, (4-6) days for TAS, SA & QLD, (6-9) days for WA & NT
- There is a set $12.95 delivery fee for orders under $50 (After Discounts). Free Delivery for orders Over $50 (after discounts).
- Specialty item(s) may attract a higher delivery fee due to quantity, size and/or weight
- No international delivery is available
- We hope you love your purchase, if not, easily return your item(s) instore or via post with 14 days of your order being received with proof of purchase and original packaging
- Go to our store locator to find your nearest store or call our head office and we will happily assist.
- Please note Quilts, Pillows and underlays are excluded due to health and safety regulations as set down by the Australian government. This does not apply to faulty items. Faulty item postage returns are refundable.
- Please choose carefully as change of mind returns via post are at customer’s expense
- Please note, once order is placed, the order cannot be changed until dispatch.