· Minimum 85% white duck down and 15% duck feathers
· Baffled walled cassette construction for an even heat distribution
· High loft quilt
· 500 thread count cotton sateen cover
· 4.5 blankets in warmth which is ideal for cool to cold climates
· Breathability is a key feature of down. Goose down will aid in keeping you warm at night without getting too hot as it is able to wick sweat and moisture away from your skin and aid in keeping you from overheating.
· Down is the eco-friendliest product on the market as everything from harvest to final product minimizes waste. All by-products of the processing are biodegradable and the product itself is naturally occurring. Care for the environment and shop for down instead of synthetic as the carbon footprint implications on the planet are staggering in comparison.
Enjoy 5 Star Hotel luxury comfort at home
Super-Light Weight – great for people which have problems with handling conventional quilts which can be up to 4kg
Why choose duck down?
When selecting quilts, it is important to consider a few important aspects to ensure you select the most ideal quilt aligning to your preferences. Factors which are essential include warmth, weight, breathability and construction.
Ducks are smaller birds to Geese, but are still considered to produce an excellent quilt. Ducks provide large clusters of down which in turn provide more warmth without the weight making it a superior option.
Arguably the most telling aspect of our duck down quilts when compared to other options is the warmth without weight benefit, this is typified with our quilts ability to reach levels of 4.5 blankets in warmth, ideal for cool and cold climates, yet remaining extremely light.
What enables these great benefits to occur, is a process called “lofting”. Down clusters expand or loft to fill space and trap tiny pockets of air within their filaments to create insulation pockets. The more down clusters contained within the quilt, the greater capacity for loft, thus the warmer the quilt can be.
What percentage is equal to which warmth
Minimum 85% white duck down and 15% duck feathers (up to 4.5 blankets in warmth) – great for sleepers that prefer greater warmth
Minimum 50% white duck down and 50% duck feathers (up to 3.5 blankets in warmth) – mid-level warmth
Minimum 25% white duck down fiber blend (up to 3 blankets in warmth)
Keep an eye on construction
We recommend baffled walled cassette construction for ultimate sleeping comfort. This allows for even distribution of warmth unlink cheaper inferior down quilts which are manufactured with channels, that allow the down and feather move over night. This results in an uneven warmth throughout. Our quilts are manufactured to the highest standards to ensure years of comfort and warmth.
Not sure what size to buy
Got a Single Bed Mattress – Stick to Single quilt where possible
Depending on height of mattress and where you are using a mattress topper, a Single bed would be sufficient, but in some cases a double quilt would be required
Got a King Single Bed Mattress – Double Quilt Doona offers the best coverage
A Double bed quilt would be the only choice, as manufactures don’t manufacture a king single tailored quilt. But the double does fit on nicely and offers a nice size quilt for sleeping
Got a Double Bed Mattress– Upsize to Queen Quilt Doona
A Double quilt on a Double bed is sufficient where the mattress is slow and only one occupant is sleeping on the bed, otherwise a queen quilt would offer better coverage for a more optimal sleeping comfort. Note the queen is only wider than the double, but the length remains the same.
Got a Queen Bed Mattress – Upsize to King Quilt Doona
A Queen quilt is normally sufficient for standard queen size height mattresses upto 30cm, but today most new mattresses are fitted with extra layers such as memory foam and therefore, to achieve a nice look you need to upsize to a king size quilt doona. Note, the king quilt is only wider, the length will remain the same.
Got a King Bed Mattress - Why not upsize to Super King Quilt Doona
If you have a high mattress and find the quilt feels small, we have a super king quilt doona available, just few things why upsizing note, that when upsizing from King to Super King. Both the width and length of the quilt are larger by 30cm (or approx. 15cm each side). That 15cm on each side is normally sufficient to achieve that optimal look.
Got a Super King Bed Mattress – Limited to Super King Quilt
An easy decision, just note, when choosing a doona, given the size of the quilt, id normally avoid heavy quilts if you have problem with weight as it tends to become a lot heaver. That’s why down quilts or mid filing quilts tend to be popular with super king. Given the larger size, the air pockets become trapped as there is no cold spots coming in, therefore, you don’t need a heavy quilt (eg. 600gsm wool doona) unless you prefer that extra weight.
Microfibre / Dacron / Cotton
Machine Washable (40c)
Air before use
Do not tumble dry
Do not iron or steam
Plump up regularly to retain loft
Wool cycle wash with wool detergent
Line dry preferred
Do not tumble dry, iron or steam
Air out one to two times a month
Plump up regularly to retain loft
Feather Quilts & Wool Underlay
Dry clean only
Air dry regularly
NOTE: This is a general guide, please always strictly follow product care instructions on product
- Orders received are normally processed within 4 business days. Please allow more time for busy periods.
- Australia post quote the following time frames, (1-4) days for VIC & NSW, (4-6) days for TAS, SA & QLD, (6-9) days for WA & NT
- There is a set $12.95 delivery fee for orders under $50 (After Discounts). Free Delivery for orders Over $50 (after discounts).
- Specialty item(s) may attract a higher delivery fee due to quantity, size and/or weight
- No international delivery is available
- We hope you love your purchase, if not, easily return your item(s) instore or via post with 14 days of your order being received with proof of purchase and original packaging
- Go to our store locator to find your nearest store or call our head office and we will happily assist.
- Please note Quilts, Pillows and underlays are excluded due to health and safety regulations as set down by the Australian government. This does not apply to faulty items. Faulty item postage returns are refundable.
- Please choose carefully as change of mind returns via post are at customer’s expense
- Please note, once order is placed, the order cannot be changed until dispatch.